Whether you’re writing sweet, sexy, or melt-the-pages romance, no one wants to write love scenes that have readers skimming the pages. Learn tips and tricks on how to write different types of love scenes, how to make them memorable, how to tailor them to your genre, the components of a great love scene, and how to get past any oh-no-my-mother-might-read-this qualms.
What Will Be Covered:
- Do you need that love scene?
- Different types of love scenes and what fits your story
- Building tension before the big moment(s)
- Components of a great love scene
- What is a centerpiece love scene and why to have one?
- Love scene must-haves
- What will turn a sexy scene cold?
- The ultimate test on if a love scene is working
- How to get over my-mother-may-read-this fear
- Excerpts/clips from movies, TV, and books will be used to illustrate the points.
ABOUT OUR SPEAKER
Roni wrote her first romance novel at age fifteen when she discovered writing about boys was way easier than actually talking to them. Since then, her flirting skills haven’t improved, but she likes to think her storytelling ability has. After earning a master’s degree in social work from LSU, she worked in a mental health hospital, counseled birthmothers as an adoption coordinator, and did management recruiting in her PJs. But she always returned to writing.
Though she’ll forever be a New Orleans girl at heart, she now lives in Dallas with her husband and son. If she’s not working on her latest sexy story, you can find her cooking, watching reality television, or picking up another hobby she doesn’t need–in other words, procrastinating like a boss. She is a former RITA award nominee and is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author.