NOLA STARs Proudly Presents the
2018 Writing Boot Camp
WRITING: FROM START TO FINISH
Writing: From Start to Finish is a beginning boot camp that will cover all aspects of writing – from the spark of an idea to deciding how to publish your book.
All presenters are published and award-winning authors and/or writing instructors who regularly speak at conferences and online classrooms.
Who is invited?
Anyone with an interest in writing fiction
When is it?
Saturday October 13th, 8:30 am – 2:00 pm
Schedule and topics?
- 8:30 – 9:00 Registration and coffee
- 9:00 – 9:15 Welcome and Announcements
- 9:15- 10:20 The FAQs of Writing
Beth Cornelison will speak on “From Spark to first pages”
- 10:30-11:40 Putting the Puzzle Pieces Together
Sally Hamer will speak on “Putting the Pieces Together”
- 11:50-12:50 Eat with an experienced writer!
Attendees will be able to sit in groups for informal Q&A/discussions with an author (Box Lunch provided)
- 1:00-2:00 How to Publish
Keri F. Sweet will speak on “Industry, Options, and Marketing”
Where is it located?
LSU-S Campus – University Center
Webster Room (2nd floor)
1 University Place
Shreveport, LA 71115
What does it cost?
What does it offer me?
Have you always wanted to write but didn’t know where to start? Come to our boot camp and let our multi-published and award-winning authors show you the ropes!
- Speakers include award winning local authors and writing instructors (To learn more about them, click on their names in the schedule above)
- Topics will provide an overview of the writing process from start to finish
- Those pursuing independent as well as traditional publishing paths will come away with information of value.
How do I register?
Advance registration is recommended (to assist in our planning) but not required.
Payment can be made via paypal or by check.
Checks should be made out to NOLA STARs and sent to:
NOLA STARs Boot Camp
Bossier City, LA 71171-5418
Please include a completed registrations form, available HERE
To pay via paypal follow the instructions on the registration form, available HERE
For more information, contact our special events coordinator at email@example.com.